In the next ten to twenty years, most business owners will either hand their companies over to their children, shut their businesses down, or sell them.
Smart business owners will plan for this years before they retire. Those who do not may find themselves settling for far too little, and this lack of planning may leave them unable to survive financially after their business is gone.
In Harvest, deal experts Christopher J. Younger and David C. Tolson have created the ultimate step-by-step guide that will help readers understand how to attain the maximum value for a business and create the perfect exit strategy.
Harvest guides readers through:
- Evaluating the business owner’s financial needs
- Planning exit objectives
- Valuing a business
- Hiring the right advisory team
- Understanding financial statements and legal agreements
- Finding a pool of potential buyers
- Enhancing the value of a bsuiness through proper positioning, timing and operational improvement
- Negotiating the transaction
- Closing the deal